Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Imagination Group Inc. owns and operates this site (known hereinafter as “Imagination.”) Your privacy online is of the utmost importance to us. At Imagination, we want to make your online experience satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain information about our users, you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding capturing and using that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Imagination gathers and keeps track of:
- The personal information you give us, such as your name, address, and email address, when you purchase anything online.
- Your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, which provides us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system, when you browse our online store.
- Information through optional, voluntary submissions. This may include sign-ups to receive our electronic newsletters, submitting information through a client portal or participating in message boards or forums.
- Aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our websites. Under no circumstances does Imagination divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Email Newsletters: we may offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Imagination gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the unsubscribe link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
- Message boards/forums: users of the site’s Message Boards and Forums must register separately for these services (both are free of charge) in order to post messages, although they needn’t register to visit the site. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address.
- “E-mail this to a friend” Service: our site users may be able to choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking “e-mail this to a friend”. The user must provide their email address and that of the recipient. This information is used only for transmission errors and to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
- Polling: we may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other poll responses are aggregated and not identifiable to any user. Imagination may use a system to “tag” users after voting so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
- Surveys: Imagination may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers, and partners. We never share this information about specific individuals with any third party.
AGE OF CONSENT
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence, and you have given Imagination your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
When purchasing Ceremonial Tobacco products, you represent that you are over 18 years of age.
Imagination tracks user traffic patterns throughout all our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Imagination does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
Imagination sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
USE OF INFORMATION
Imagination uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
We use information that users voluntarily provide to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Imagination never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. We don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
Imagination creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors, and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don’t track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
When you click on links in our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Imagination uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience’s demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by Imagination will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
Certain providers may be in or have facilities that are in a different jurisdiction. If you proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. As an example, if you are in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the way your personal information will be handled by these providers.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with an online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases, and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
Imagination operates secure data networks protected by industry-standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with an AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery, or return a purchase, you have given your consent to our collecting and using it for that specific reason only.
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have for you, register a complaint, or withdraw your consent, please contact us at email@example.com or through mail at: Imagination Group, PO Box 42252 Southland Crossing, Calgary, AB, Canada, T2J 7A6.